Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cameron's House of Fun

Fatherhood, politics, education, random thoughts (heavy on the random thoughts) and stuff (always stuff).

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Reason #whatever Why I Hate Don Cherry

Look, fighting is part of hockey.

I'm actually against the instigator rule, becuase it punishes people who drop their gloves more than those who slash.

Here's a reality, I bet there have been less than 10 careers ended in a fight. I'm not talking about a jump from behind, I'm talking about two guys getting in a fight. But lots of careers and seasons have been ruined because of slashes to the hands and legs.

Anyway, Don is on, spewing his homespun bullshit, and he's doing what he always does, glorifying fighting.

It's nice to have Kelly Hrudey around on opposite nights, if only to provide a crystal clear contrast of what the breaks between periods should be spent on. Analysis. Insider info. Insight. You know, what a sports comentator should be doing. Not Don Cherry's utter bullshit.

2 Comments:

At 4:36 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fact that so many people (mostly outside Quebec, thank God) think that Don Cherry is what hockey is all about -- or even worse, what Canada is all about -- can make me embarrassed about being a hockey fan (and sometimes about being patriotic).
I wish people weren't so dumb. Cause then he wouldn't have a forum to spew his bigoted crap.

 
At 4:40 p.m., Blogger Cameron Campbell said...

Marilyn, I remember during the Greatest Canadian thing on the CBC Cherry was up for the honor. It filled me with utter horror that this blowhard would even be considered for this.

One of the comments was "well look at what he's done for hockey".

And I kept thinking to myself, "umm.. yes, what exactly is it he's done?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home