Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cameron's House of Fun

Fatherhood, politics, education, random thoughts (heavy on the random thoughts) and stuff (always stuff).

Saturday, March 29, 2008

The most astounding thing...

... happened to me the other day as I was leaving to go and pick Lucas up from the daycare.

This late 20's guy came up to me at the door and said "Are you the owner of this house?"

I was prepared for "yes I am, but seriously I don't want your cleaning service/painting service whatever". But he surprised me, he said "I'm here to applogize and to try and make amends. It was my birthday last night and I got drunk and then one of my buddies gave me a can of paint. Like an idiot I painted my name on your wall. I'm so very sorry, there is no excuse for my doing that." (I'm translating here, very roughly). I was so stunned I didn't know what to say.

Well actually, let's be realistic here: The wall is a mess. It needs brick work (which will be done in May) and there were already some tags on the wall that I should have taken care of in the Fall. Also, and this is maybe just me, but I really can't stand watching people squirm with embarrassment. It kills me inside. So I thanked him for his honesty, accepted his apology and sent him on his way.

Leaving me behind utterly shocked and stunned.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home