Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cameron's House of Fun

Fatherhood, politics, education, random thoughts (heavy on the random thoughts) and stuff (always stuff).

Sunday, September 05, 2004

More Big Store Fun

So, after the joy that was IKEA and the wonderment of plumbing, we went off to Home Depot today. Lucas got suprise babysitting from Grandma Daviault and off we went. A hundred and something dollars later we came home and started doing some more house stuff. Handles for Chris' closet. Finish work on Lucas' closet doors, a ironing board/iron holder dealy.

Anyway, all this to say I am pooped, and still up, just finishing some web stuff for my internship. Web design is a tool of satan. I understand that underlying it all is code and that the code has to make sense to the browser and that the code and the browsers interactions are goverened by standards. I get all this but WYSIWYG is utter bullshit. It's more like What You See Might Be What You Get. If it is going to fuck up in a browser, then why for the love of all thing sacred did you let me do it in Dreamweaver in the first place. Plus (again, I know that the standards and code dictate this) some one has to come up with stronger typograpical controls that mere mortals can understand.

In other news I'm going to be part of a panel this Wednesday, discussing the purchase/pit falls of same and uses of Learning Mangement Systems (LMS). I'm pretty excited, not the least of which because the panel is being held at the Sun Life Building. I love this building. It is from an era when they built big buildings but actually thought about them lasting more than a week or so. Not my favorite building in Montreal (that would be a toss up between these two) but very near the top of my list. I've never been any where but in the lobby of it, so I am very excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home