Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cameron's House of Fun

Fatherhood, politics, education, random thoughts (heavy on the random thoughts) and stuff (always stuff).

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Sickness, Death and Mayhem (top that title you bastards)

A week since I last posted, and, to be fair, things have been a touch busy around here. Lucas and I are sick (bad cold and the flu, respectively), we've finaly started Lucas proofing the stair case (cedar 4" x 4" by 10' with notches for the stair railing and a groove for Plexiglas), my thesis advisor yanked hard on the chain (outline by the end of January – final draft by late March, defense in April), Jacques (the cat) is doing no better (no food intake to speak of, little energy etc) and is starting to look more and more like he will be leaving us soon.

To top this all off we went and visited Chris' father and his girlfriend at the girlfriends hospital room in the Montreal General. She was in palliative care, I say "was" because she died yesterday night. Dead of cancer at 51, what a crappy disease. Given my mother's ongoing fight with it, and the random, nearly unstoppable nature of it, I would like to send out a hearty FUCK YOU CANCER AND THE CELLS YOU RODE IN ON at this point.

If I sound whiny and such it's only because I am. There are days when all of life feels like about 80% too much and I would like to go back to bed, pull the covers up and yell "LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING LA LA LA" at the top of my lungs. Then I remember that someone has to change the diapers and get dinner ready and that I really do like most everything about being alive and I move on.

I would like to end on a positive note here, but I'm really not able to. Tomorrow will be another day, I'll fill myself with NyQuil so that I sleep tonight and maybe then I can have a bit more perspective.


Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home