Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cameron's House of Fun

Fatherhood, politics, education, random thoughts (heavy on the random thoughts) and stuff (always stuff).

Friday, September 09, 2005

My only thoughts on Katrina and the aftermath

I'm enraged.

Humans should not be treated this way. Ever. Not your enemies. Not your friends. Certainly not your citizens.

Anyone who wants to tell me that it's ok that a U-SAR team from Vancouver got to one town 5 days before FEMA or the National Guard did should probably come with a helmet. Because I'm going to have to readjust your skull. With a wall.

The whole "rescue" was totally fucked up from the begining. The levie system is buggered. The fact that there was no system in place to get people out who couldn't leave on their own was insane. The focus on looting by the tv news people was idiotic.

About the only good thing that has come out of this is that the current US administration's bold face lying has been exposed for all to see. Also the media seems to have located it's spine.

On the media front, I would like to say that Anderson Cooper is my hero. Consistantly the best reporting from the muck that I've seen. And when he went off on the governor on live TV? I wept. And cheered. And wept some more. It was lovely.

1 Comments:

At 10:52 a.m., Blogger Margie Bargie said...

Just had a listen to Mr Cooper...he rocks the mike! I thought he was going to cry - and I think the focus of what he was saying was very good. In the UK the reporting has been absurd...I think the looting angle is being taken because it is easier to report on not the failure of a government that Britain has colluded with in an illegal war but on the "nasty underserving people" who couldn't get out of New Orleans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home