Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cameron's House of Fun

Fatherhood, politics, education, random thoughts (heavy on the random thoughts) and stuff (always stuff).

Friday, September 09, 2005

A week of changes

Pardon. I've been busy.

Lucas turned two this week, yesterday actually, but even more amazing is that he is now in daycare.

We got a call last week and he started on Tuesday.

He loves it. They describe him as "rigolo" (roughly funny or amusing). He already speaks more after 4 days with other kids, eats a bit better and generally loves the whole thing.

We're very happy that he stayed at home with us. Now he is really his own little person, but at daycare. Some of the kids who've been there since they were very little have this sort of inmate kind of docility about them. I'm not saying there is a "gonna shiv you with my action figure's sword" thing going on, but a level of "the daycare says so so I must comply" that is a bit odd.

He's even adapting to sleeping on a little mat in a room with other little kids.

The first day I stayed for the half day and then took him home for his nap and the rest of the day. Since then he has been full time. It's scary and fun.

But it has thrown me for a loop. I have no idea how to structure my days any more.... oh well.

1 Comments:

At 5:21 a.m., Blogger Margie Bargie said...

I am thinking that it is also a bit of empty nest feeling too. No little man to distract and amuse with his rigolo ways eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home