Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cameron's House of Fun

Fatherhood, politics, education, random thoughts (heavy on the random thoughts) and stuff (always stuff).

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Standards

Ok, so I'm designing a site for a department here at the University. I've got a nice CSS ordered list menu thing on the side for navigation. It's lovely. It works great in FireFox under windows and mac, it works great in Safari... then I load it in IE. BLAMMO!!!

I know that Microsoft is updating IE, I've heard that they are trying very hard to have better adherence to standards etc etc.. but this is getting dumb. I get that they want market share. I get that they want dominance, I get all these things.

But. Their. Products. Don't. Work.

I sent the code to two friends, one in the US, one in the UK, and both basically replied the same way "huh... the code is fine".

FUCK YOU IE FUCK YOU!

(did I mention that I was up till 3:30 trying to solve this?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home