Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cameron's House of Fun

Fatherhood, politics, education, random thoughts (heavy on the random thoughts) and stuff (always stuff).

Friday, January 06, 2006

What?! Ok I'm awake now!

Any parent will tell you that a lot of what you do with the basic care for your kid you do on auto pilot.

I can change a diaper, know I did it, and not really remember doing it. The trip down stairs to warm the morning bottle of milk? Piff, backwards on my head.


So the other night, at about 1:30 am, Lucas started crying. So I roll out of bed, eyes half closed, and I stumble across the hall.

A brief glance and nothing looks out of the ordinary (keep in mind I'm not really looking and I'm probably still asleep). He's on his tummy, with his legs tucked under him and his butt up in the air. So I reach out to touch his butt, to check and see if the diaper is full.

And touch bare butt.

Suddenly I'm fully awake, eyes popped wide open. He'd taken off his pj bottoms, his diaper and was lying there, cold, and (we guess) with an upset tummy. Long story short, I got Chris up, she came and wrangled him while we got the diaper on, located the pj bottoms (under the bed–what, did they bounce?) and made sure the bed and the covers weren't wet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home