Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cameron's House of Fun

Fatherhood, politics, education, random thoughts (heavy on the random thoughts) and stuff (always stuff).

Friday, May 26, 2006

Vaction all I ever wanted... vacation all I ever needed...

So, we're in Toronto, where Lucas has discovered that streetcars are much better than buses, but that the fact that the subway goes outside is 10X better than both. We're running around, looking at things, going to stores that don't exist at home, poking around neighborhoods etc etc.

It's great. This is the first time I've used a computer for more than looking at e-mail since Tuesday. I have feeling in my shoulders again. I'm not sure that I like it.

Anyway, Toronto is fun. It's totally familiar (I lived here a couple of summers) and Canadian, and yet different enough from home that it feels mildly exotic.

Oh, random overheard conversation at the Bloor Younge subway station:
Bimbo 1: "Like, OMG, I'm reading a book!"
Bimbo 2: "Get out!, you!?!"

The book was Confessions of a Shopaholic... no one in earshot made eye contact, or we would have all started laughing.

2 Comments:

At 12:23 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you back from T.O or not. Had I known earlier, I would have recommended many places were your son would have had a lot of fun. Did you go to wonderland, or ontario place? I would have also recommended the ontario science centre. I used to work in a camp for kids and each time we went to science centre,we would always go to watch the documentaries in the Omni Max theatre. I never get tired of going to these places. As for the subway, when it is not underfround I like it the best, if you went to yorkdale mall, half the way is not underground.

 
At 12:52 a.m., Blogger Cameron Campbell said...

Joanne, thanks for the offer, but we're home and I lived in Toronto for a couple of summers. Plus I have friends there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home