Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cameron's House of Fun

Fatherhood, politics, education, random thoughts (heavy on the random thoughts) and stuff (always stuff).

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Big Boy Bed Update

So, Lucas managed to fall asleep in about an hour yesterday. 

And our repetative, fairly calm, technique seems to be working. As he was in bed last night he told us "We don't look out the window at cars when we are supposed to be sleeping" (but in French – if he was saying sentences like that in English, trust me that would be a post of it's own). 

He still gets in and out of the bed and does silly stuff, but he's 2, so what can you really expect. 

This morning I went in to say hello, and he had all the little blankies in the world in the bed with him. Some still folded up. 

2 Comments:

At 4:17 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh great, your son is going to grow up bilingual and make me feel even WORSE about my unilingual moron-hood. Thanks, kid.

I envy kids who grow up in Montreal as much as you hate the Serbian football team. Oh, wistful wistful thoughts in which I imagine I can speak two languages....

I managed to fall asleep in about 6 hours last night, after a friend came over and brought Good-Bye Dragon Inn. It boggled us so much we were up til 4. Oh, just great - now I envy the kid even more!

 
At 12:02 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cameron, at least you son will become billingual when he is so young. I am taking french courses in university to achieve that.
I am jealous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home