Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cameron's House of Fun

Fatherhood, politics, education, random thoughts (heavy on the random thoughts) and stuff (always stuff).

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Tee Hee!

Any day that starts with Serbia's football side losing is a day that is ok by me.

Let me explain. I'm a Montreal Canadians fan. I hate the Bruins and the Leafs with a deep unabiding passion.

If you were to multiply my hatred for those hockey teams by roughly, say, a million, you would begin to approximate the hatred I have in my heart for the Serbian football team.

Look, you watch the German side and you see a lovely combination of Italian finese and English physical play.

You watch the Serbian side and you get a horrible combination of the flip side of that. Fake diving, constant complaining, cheap shots, violent reckless play... all with disrespect for the ref and a generally shitty attitude.

Oh, and by the way, in case you haven't figured it out, my last 3 days have been spent glued to the TV or the internet sites that are covering the World Cup (the best site I've found so far is the CBC - though I haven't looked really hard yet).

I've got Lucas working on his "olé olé" chant (he likes that one a lot) and, to keep the peace with my Brother-in-law (though they will choke before the second round) I've got him going "England!! clap clap clap".

FUN!

Well until the first time Brazil wins a game and the parade starts up outside my house.

5 Comments:

At 2:49 p.m., Blogger GollyGumDrops said...

Try "He's long, he's red, his legs stick out the bed - Peter Crouch, Peter Crouch!"

 
At 2:56 p.m., Blogger Cameron Campbell said...

That's a nice safe one as well.

Thought that would basically require him to double his English vocabulary

 
At 9:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then you must of been thrilled to see the clinic Argentina put on. Man was that awesome or what!?

If my team (Italy) fails to advance, and today did nothing for my confidence, Argentina is the team I'll cheer for.

Anyone but Brazil.

 
At 7:32 a.m., Blogger Cameron Campbell said...

Nick,

I was so excited by Argentina beating the stuffing out of them that I was barely able to remain conscious.

 
At 9:09 a.m., Blogger Margie Bargie said...

When did the second round finish...is that England in the 1/4? ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home