Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cameron's House of Fun

Fatherhood, politics, education, random thoughts (heavy on the random thoughts) and stuff (always stuff).

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Sometimes the gods deliver...

I am, if you read the post below, clearly a person in need of some mirth.

Work was fine, but it was sort of mirth free. It's Christine's birthday today, and giving gifts makes me feel amazing, so that was good for a tone of mirth.

But then the Conservative Party of Canada delivered a oil tanker of mirth. They released their environmental plan.

Or rather their Plan to Get Around to Having An Environmental Plan, maybe, If Voters Make Us, And Industry Doesn't Get Too Madâ„¢

It's great, four years of consultation. Emmissions cut in half by, omg wait for it, 2050, possible rules by 2011 for deeper cuts, no caps on greenhouse gas emissions until 2020 or 2025 and "intensity based emmissions targets". I'm going to cut and paste from the CBC here, because the mirth has caused me to be unable to type "Intensity-based targets means environmental emissions would be relative to the economic output of various industries. That means even though individual emission limits for each barrel of oil or piece of coal could be lowered, if production increases, the overall amount of greenhouse gas emissions and air pollutants could grow."

Wheee....

To be clear: The LPC completly screwed the pooch when it came to the Environment, signing a deal and then going "there now" is not environmental action, but this deferal of a plan, this utterly idiotic waste of time (2050? DO THEY THINK WE'RE ALL MENTALLY ILL?) is a really good example of stage managed pseudo action. It makes me ill.

But the mirth.

OMFG THE MIRTH!

12 Comments:

At 8:47 p.m., Blogger Leatherhands said...

Well, if I live to be...let's see...that would be 90, I'll be able to hold them to that half thing. (Stabbing my wrinkly old finger at them from my wheel chair.)

 
At 6:45 a.m., Blogger Margie Bargie said...

Yes...and imagine you had to write spin on that! Imagine there is nothing in it...and also that its name changes by the week (Green Plan, Clean Air Act - or whatever the endless title is on the Parliament site.

 
At 11:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be 63, two years away from retirement and I haven't even started working on full-time basis yet. It seems far far away from now. I will probably have grandchildren by then.

Question: How come you stopped posting at chucker's blog? Gave up on him?

 
At 3:43 a.m., Blogger Margie Bargie said...

Joanne....don't you get a bit tired of the butt licking the conservatives routine over there. If you ask a question which is contrary or even wonders if every thing they say they will blindly support you get savaged.

I find it amusing some of the time...but I also find that it makes me despair a bit at the world - such negativity can wear on you.

 
At 3:45 a.m., Blogger Margie Bargie said...

Subtle nastiness...press printing a close-up of chiapets' face...she look rough as f*ck...lol...see what all those gas emissions (from her mouth) really need to be cut if she wants not to be all wrinkled like that!

 
At 6:22 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Margie, it can get frustrating at times and I will take a break for a few days and then go back again. There are times when I want to pull my hair because some people refuse to acknowledge another person's perspective.

 
At 11:13 p.m., Blogger Cameron Campbell said...

Joanne, what's the point?

No one there want's to discuss anything seriously, in anything like a respectful manner, and then it just devolves into monkeys in a cage flinging shit (I include myself in this).

Charles loves it because it entertains him, but I'm bored by it.

 
At 4:42 p.m., Blogger Tarkwell Robotico said...

For the record, I think Cameron and Margie make valid criticisms.

However, I feel that somethings need clarifying:

people do want to discuss serious things.

i ask serious questions about global warming.

i put a post up about the three times your out bill and Margie brought up its role as a deterrent. When I asked why bring up deterrence as it has nothing to do with the legislation, I never got an answer. And one thing you can be sure, is that Margie never got treated roughly by me with that question.

i understand you're all frustrated with me and my blog --- but we all play a role in the tone and colour of the threads (which Cameron acknowledges).

 
At 5:24 p.m., Blogger Cameron Campbell said...

Charles, it isn't that things aren't discussed seriously, it's that it's become a place where I, and the views that I hold, aren't welcome.

And like I said, I'm bored by it.

Every comment I make is treated in the same way:
a) You're a Liberal.
b) You're contrary (If by which the person means, I have contrary views than them, then yes)
c) I'm accused of being abusive/rude/bullying - this when I finally lash out in frustration after being told that everything that I believe is good about Canada is a sign of communism, illegal behavior, weakness or something or other.

Like I said, bored.

And like you've said before, it's a conservative blog.

 
At 5:54 p.m., Blogger Cameron Campbell said...

Finally, someone asked me about why, and I've answered.

If someone else asks, I'll answer in exactly the same way.

But I won't mention it again.

I've never made a post about your blog, and I never will. I have no interest in trying to emulate your traffic or comment level, this is basically an outlet for my random thoughts, stuff that's going on in my life and to let my scattered friends know what's going on.

 
At 7:01 p.m., Blogger Cameron Campbell said...

Really finally, I'm not frustrated at all, I've stopped going.

No more frustration.

 
At 8:45 p.m., Blogger Tarkwell Robotico said...

Cameron,

you don't need to explain yourself to me. I understand. People will miss you, that's for sure. But, its not worth getting frustrated over.

it is a Tory blog. Its got a very specific mandate which I prescribed to myself primarily to become a better writer. and guess what? I am. I write quicker and more clearly than before.

there's no harm done either way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home