Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cameron's House of Fun

Fatherhood, politics, education, random thoughts (heavy on the random thoughts) and stuff (always stuff).

Friday, October 13, 2006

10 000 mile check up

So Lucas just had his 3 year check up. As we knew, but now have official confirmation of, the boy is umm.. FREAKING HUGE! 97 percentile in both height and weight (which is good, balance in those two catagories is nice).

He now weighs 19kg (41.99 lbs) and is 102 cm (40.14 inches).

Which is, by any measure, big. Both of us are, frankly, a bit freaked out sometimes by how big he is. We spend a lot of time trying to explain to him that because he is big that he has to be calm and not push other kids (we'll start there and then move onto the exceptions, self-defence and such - I'm not having him absorb head shots from some kid with a Napoleon complex either). We also spend a lot of time thinking about how much the two of us ate when we were teenagers (both of us were atheletes and really active). Frankly I'm considering seeing if we can get some kind of timeshare on a milk cow or something.

3 Comments:

At 4:36 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I guess he has the making of a great hockey player. How would you like him to play in the NHL? For the leafs? No? How about Habs?

I don't know what is a normal weight and height for kids so I can't really imagine how huge your son is. I wasn't a huge kid but I was a tall teenager. I was 5 feet 6 inches when I was 12 while my friends were still 5'2. Imagine being mistaken for the oldest kid because of your height.

timeshare on milk cow? No I am confused.

 
At 11:11 p.m., Blogger Cameron Campbell said...

He will drink lots of milk.

This will be expensive.

If I were part owner of a milk cow it would be cheaper.

 
At 12:59 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I get it now;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home