Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cameron's House of Fun

Fatherhood, politics, education, random thoughts (heavy on the random thoughts) and stuff (always stuff).

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Generator

So, on Thursday the power went out. So I called the Hydro Quebec poweroutage 1-800 number and was told it would be back on at 5:45 pm. At 5:50 I called and was told 8pm.. around 7:30, on a lark, I called at was told midnight. Around 10 I called and was told 2 am. At 1:30 AM the tractor trailer sized generator was in place across the street and our house was back to lightly vibrating. 

I'm not even sure if I've blogged about this in the past. But here's a brief summary. We moved in here August 1st. Since then we have had approximatly 3 months where there wasn't a generator parked across the street.

And now it's back. 

Oh yes, Hydro Quebec is a source of pride. Oh yes, they have the best transmission system in the world (BULLSHIT) etc etc etc, but why oh why can't they do the thing that they are actually meant to do? Deliver power from their transmission lines to the distribution lines and then to my and my neighbors homes and businesses? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home