Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cameron's House of Fun

Fatherhood, politics, education, random thoughts (heavy on the random thoughts) and stuff (always stuff).

Monday, August 21, 2006

The Same - unspoke languages of kids

So Lucas has this friend at daycare (I don't use names of other people's kids without permission), let's call him umm.. X. So X and Lucas are good buddies. When they see each other they get very wound up and bounce at each other.

Today, as I was leaving the daycare I noticed that they had exactly the same t-shirt on. So I pointed that out. After much bilingual nattering away about this amazing thing, they both, without discussing it, arched their back so they could bump tummies.

And that was that.

1 Comments:

At 11:18 a.m., Blogger Leatherhands said...

Wait 'till he's about eight, and starts getting exposed to the musings of slightly older kids.
"daddy, this girl wants to make sex with me." or the latest shocker, "daddy, gay people are sick."
Fucking eight years old. So I employed the sort of subtle strategy you would expect from an open minded, tolerant Dad of the new millenium.
1) Get the name of the 12-year old big-mouth.
2) Confront said twelve year old with the following line: "Dude, cut the inappropriate chatter around these young boys, or I'll tell everyone here you're a perve."
I didn't say I was proud, but it was definitely effective. God help me when guys start checking out my daughter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home