Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cameron's House of Fun

Fatherhood, politics, education, random thoughts (heavy on the random thoughts) and stuff (always stuff).

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A Challange

So here goes, my sister came up with a great idea:

Name your worst going back to school outfit ever, situate it in time and give a little comment.

Here's mine:
Worst outfit... hell I can isolate it to one piece of clothing:

Plaid, colarless, new wave, neuru shirt from Le Chateau.

I wore it with jeans and Chucks, camoflauge ones. One of the first things that I consider "fashion" that I bought under my own steam. I got it at the St Cath Le Chateau, and I felt like the king of the world. It was, in hindsight, one of the lamest things ever.

I'm going to challange, 5 people, so that I have a chance of any of them replying: Kelly , flargh, Marjorie, Eric and OptimusCrime

As always, they should challange some others.

6 Comments:

At 12:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my worst fashion moment as a youth came when I decided to emulate Simon LeBon in the "Rio" video. He looked snazzy in a New Romantic-style shirt and tie with trousers.

Me, I looked like a 12-year old who wanted to get an MBA.

OBTW, I too bought Nehru-collared shirts from Le Chateau. But plaid? Fuck!

 
At 10:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was not challenged, but I'll be lame an answer anyway.

I don't know if you've heard of Jams, but they were kind of over-sized shorts with very wild patterns on them. I wanted a pair and after much begging my mother relented.

I toped these obnoxious things with a Hyper-Color shirt, as in one that changed colors based on surface temperature.

I looked like someone dropped a Pantone book into a paper shredder.

 
At 10:25 p.m., Blogger Cameron Campbell said...

"I looked like someone dropped a Pantone book into a paper shredder."

hahahah!

 
At 4:59 a.m., Blogger Margie Bargie said...

K...grade school: boiled wool coat with itchy non-plaid, plaid lining and matching scarf - blue nuns stockings, polyester blue dress with white sailor color and satin bow at neck, bowl cut hair, with these rubber soaled blue shoes that had arrows in leather pointing over the toe back at me.

I spent days on my bike trying to wear the shoes out by dragging the arrows on the ground as a rode along - while building up enough static electricity from my clothing combo to light up the airport!!!!!

Still feel itchy under my chin just thinking about it!

 
At 5:02 a.m., Blogger Margie Bargie said...

Oh...and the scarf...I kept letting it go missing...but it was like a boomerang - always managed to come back - must have been the distinctive "non-plaid" of the plaid!

My mother thought I looked "darling" I was beaten most days!

 
At 3:35 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... let's see. My mom used to sew a lot. I remember a bubble gum pink turtleneck and a sky blue genuine leatherette mini skirt with suspenders that attached to the skirt part with snaps. I was about 8 years-old. I seem to remember chunky shoes with a big bow/buckle on top. Oh yes and tights. I think they were also pink you know so everything would "match."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home