Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cameron's House of Fun

Fatherhood, politics, education, random thoughts (heavy on the random thoughts) and stuff (always stuff).

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Birthdays, Painting, and Panelizing.

So, yesterday was Lucas' birthday. Which he celebrated by refusing to take a morning nap, starting to teeth some more and generally being a poopy-head (note: hanging out with babies does nothing good for your vocabulary). Seriously though, it hardly seems real that he is a year old. It really feels like yesterday when we brought him home from the hospital, exhausted and happy.

A story: When I turned 18 I was working my summer job, which that year was a labourer for the City of Beaconsfield. On my birthday, the old guys I worked with (they were probably my age now) told me that between 18 and 40 time flew. I thought they were mental. So far it has turned out to be among the most true things anyone has ever said.

Anyway, I'm painting some trim in Lucas' room today and I am reminded of two things: 1) I really suck at painting 2) It takes too damn long. Plus Lucas has to stay in his bed while I do it, to avoid any "helping papa" related accidents.

Finally, the panel I was on was last night. There is always the risk that I will make an ass of myself, and I was very pleased to, well, not. The two other panelists have TONS more experience than I do. Claude has done LMS and education stuff with all sorts of organizations and is really knowledgeable. Nathalie is the same; hell she even developed her own LMS from scratch. Anyway I did well; I guess I actually know what I am talking about.

1 Comments:

At 10:58 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that is funny. You just painted and I am painting tomorrow.

YAY! I HATE IT TO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home